Thursday, January 12, 2012

Grow Capsules



I recently purchased some grow capsules (I'm not sure that's what they're called, but I hope you know what I mean) at the target dollar spot, thinking they'd be fun to use with our animal school we've been doing.  Today we had some antsy kiddos, so decided to use them.  

I showed them the capsules and told them that they were going to turn into sea creatures, and then we made a list of possible animals they could be.

We then placed each capsule in it's own muffin tin filled with warm water and watched to see what they were going to be.  All the kiddos loved watching it!  Afterwards, we revisited out list to see if we had guessed/predicted any animals correctly.  Fun, quick, frugal and easy!  N has already come up with several plans of how we're going to use the sponges!

No comments: