Our first sensory bin. It's been a big hit! I tried to keep it to a theme of "Spring", so we have birdseed sunflower seeds, fake flowers, old spice containers, measuring spoons, and a little ladybug. I had hoped to add plastic insects, but have had no luck finding any. Both kiddos really enjoy it when the bin comes out, and they play really well together (mostly). We tried it on the carpet first, then when that was more mess than we wanted, we moved to the kitchen, where the broom made for easy clean-up. I'm already planning our Easter bin. I don't know why I haven't done these before!
N and I played with Triominoes one day for school. Our job was to match 2 of the 3 numbers. She had a really good time with this, which was a little surprising to me. I figured she'd want to make designs and skip the matching. But I was wrong! We matched until there were no more matches.
My favorite was when she matched just 1 of the 3 numbers, and asked if we could make a bow instead of diamond. Of course I said YES!
No pictures, but we also used the tiles from Upwords. A used them for stacking and practicing words - up, down, off, on. N used them for making word families. It was a very visual way to see that the ending stays the same, only the first letter(s)/sound(s) change.