Instead of using a book for the whole week, I've made a theme for each day.
- Monday - Letters -2 a week. Review their sounds, how to write them, words that start with them, etc.
- Tuesday - Book activity/poem activity. Read a book/poem, do activities that correlate.
- Wednesday - Math - review shapes, numbers (we're working on recognizing numbers up to 20, as well as counting).
- Thursday - Beginning sight words.
- Friday - Hands-on learning
N likes knowing what to expect each day, so we've started having a schedule. It makes life a lot easier for both of us. As N gets older, this will grow into calendar time, but she's not there yet.
We still do tray time, but not as a part of school. It's an afternoon activity and N continues to look forward to it everyday!